COVID-19 Update for Families
(Updated 8th March 2021)
Recently, the NSW government announced a further relaxation to the covid restrictions affecting schools on the advice of NSW Health. Catholic Schools Broken Bay will continue to work with CSNSW and the government to revise advice to schools. The recent changes include the following:
- Parents and carers are able to enter school grounds however, should continue to follow COVID safe practices, including social distancing between adults of 1.5 meters.
- P&C meetings and other gatherings of parents and/or community members for school events (such as working bees) can proceed. All participants must continue to comply with the gathering limits prescribed by the Public Health Orders. Physical distancing and hygiene measures must be adhered to at all times.
- Parents and carers can attend school sporting events. School sporting events should align with requirements for community sporting competitions and training activities in NSW.
- Dancing activities, including dance classes, balls and social events, can proceed in a COVID-safe way.
- There are no recommended limits on singing groups in schools, including for in-class educational activities including repetition, chanting, recitation, or singing activities. Five metres is recommended between a group of performing singers and other people, including the audience and conductor, where practicable.
- Musical groups including bands and ensembles are permitted in well-ventilated spaces or outdoor areas. Students and staff must comply with the Safe Health Practices infection control requirements.
- All visitors to a school site must comply with school sign-in arrangements. This includes the requirement to sign in via Compass where parents acknowledge that they will comply with the COVID-19 requirements for visitors, contractors and service providers each time they visit. Visitors must also check in using current arrangements which are in place at your school.
- Field trips, excursions and camps to Victoria, Queensland and ACT can continue where interstate border requirements permit.
- Students are able to mix together across year groups or other cohorts for all school related activities.
- School orientation programs can continue.
For further detailed information please refer to https://education.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/advice-for-families#School4